Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Respite......


Its been nearly two months since I last posted anything on my blog. After spending nearly all my time and energy buried beneath a ton of books, lets just say the effort did not go all to waste. A great deal of thanks to all my blogging buddies who wished me well during my exams.
Nevertheless, since a medical student's (read foreign graduate) work is never done, I have yet another exam coming up after six months or so....
But in the mean time, I have decided that I needed a much desired respite.
While I spent huddled upstairs raking my brains through a barrage of medical literature, I must say I really missed blogging. There wasn't a moment when I didn't think of my blogging buddies. As a consequence, I had an epiphany.
When you commit yourself to a certain goal, you tend to lose out on all that which brought you joy at one part of time. For instance, by the end of two months, I gave up on my writing, my painting, and the utter lack of exercise has turned me into an inflatable pool toy.
I ought to have balanced both the worlds of creativity and academia, to bring about a harmony of sorts.
Now that I have a good couple of months till my next exam, I have decided that I am going to balance both worlds.
There is no point in living one life while forsaking the other.
I suppose certain realizations are never too late.
Of the most paramount of things on my list apart from studying, include:
  1. Hitting the gym
  2. Learn how to drive
  3. Continue writing.
I suppose life will keep hurling responsibilities at you, but its up to you to never lose sight of your own individual needs in the long run. Else there wont be much of a difference between you and a herd of cattle. There's no point in herding yourself from pillar to post and losing out on your interests in the long run.
In the future, I have no intention of forsaking the things I am most passionate about. For what is life, without having a few perks for yourself?
I'm sure I can balance both worlds in the long run.
I have so much to say and so much to write about, I do not even know where to begin with. All that pent up creativity will certainly yield enough material to blog about for the next few weeks.
All in all, I'm glad I got the opportunity to rethink the way I handle things.
Rest assured this blog shant run dry any more....
Bye for now, but in the words of the Terminator, "I'll Be Back"!!!

21 comments:

Namita Chandra said...

Welcome back to blogging. I did not know that foreign graduates had to appear for exams in India. Hope your exams went well. Sometimes you do have to give up some things in life to attain certain goals. I always feel that I have several vacuums in my life like the times I prepared for PMT, PGME and during my professional exams and PG exams but I feel it was all worth it.

Shadowthorne said...

One of my best friend is a military doctor. And one of his hobbies was drawing. He was very talented in it and I love to see his drawings.

But that was before he is busy with work (ergo 'was'). He hardly draws anymore and most of his time now is divided between work and rest (after work).

Poor doctors.... :)

Anyway, welcome back.

Lazy Pineapple said...

Hey its good to see you back. Also good to know you have figured it out to juggle the demands of life. It can be hard to face it all together.

If blogging gives you peace of mind and relaxation, you should never give it up. Waiting to read wonderful posts in the future.

Gayathri said...

Hey welcome back.. :) nice to know that exams were good..But didn't see even a line abt petersburg here??Not missing it and all???

ramya said...

Oh God! A new post, after SO long! Anyways, welcome back! :D
I'm genuinely happy to see you back in the blogsville :D

ARJuna said...

Hullo dear, once again I understand your plight...I myself am going to face exams in a few months time and have sacrificed my pen(in this case keyboard would be more correct) to concentrate on my studies...anyways welcome back!!!

brocasarea said...

happy tht ur efforts were fruitful...:)

good luck and enjoy ur brk now!!!

Vyazz said...

@Namita: Thnx.....yeah...foreign graduates have to undergo a rather gruelling exam, which for some strange reason has the difficulty level of a post graduate exam. Nevertheless, its nice to have a breather.....after a long time.. :)

Vyazz said...

@Shadowthrone: U know, some of the greatest authors in history were once doctors, like Somerset Maugham or Anton Chekhov. Not that I'm implying anything, but sometimes if you think right you might not need to abandon your gifts in the long run.

Vyazz said...

@Lazy Pineapple: Blogging indeed gives me an outlet. More therapeutic than anything else. The same as painting for me. To each of his own I guess. :)

Vyazz said...

@Gayathri: I cannot tell u how much I still miss the city....it was a great experience to begin with......but at the same time nice to be back home. Guess I'm torn between two worlds right now. :)

Vyazz said...

@Ramya: Yeah...its been long...need to get back in the groove... will try to be more regular!!

Vyazz said...

@Arjuna: Thnx man.....just make sure you don't end up sacrificing too much...believe me certain things in life are worth preserving...

Vyazz said...

@Brocasarea: Thnx man.....will do!! :)

Thousif Raza said...

yahoooooooo, ved is back and so has the sunshine with him, i have missed your posts, start writing rgt away, ok, and i am so glad that you dropped by at my place too :)

start writing quick now and stick to those plans and add another one to that, to smile more often too ok :)


take care and keep writing............

acp said...

Good that you are back, keep blogging looking forward for more !!

Vyazz said...

@Thoisif: Man...glad to see ur happy!!! :)
Will certainly try to stick to my plans this time!!!!

Vyazz said...

@acp:Thnx man...feels nice to be back!!

Anonymous said...

Self obsession and blogging are not great writing. Good effort for an average guy. But guess you wallow in self importance. Hence you produce lot of crap under the maya of making it to popularity list.

Vyazz said...

@Anonymous: Blogs exist for the expression of the individual self. And not to appease people such as your self to be quite honest. And further more, as far as your criticism goes, it comes in poor taste as you stay huddled and hidden beneath your "anonymous" tag.
Yes, I am self obsessed,but then again who isn't?
Blogs are about the self. I never asked for the tag of being a great writer. People who visit my page or appreciate my writing do so of their own will.
Its easier to rant under the cover of anonymity.
Comments such as yours matter are of little significance.

Vyazz said...

@Anonymous: Oh, and one more thing. I suppose you aren't particularly smart about the fact that your anonymity is not very well kept.
Particularly given the fact that you arrived from chennai a few hours ago and the fact that you googled my blog, makes it very clear that we aren't strangers.
Since I have a good idea of who you are, if at all you manage to crawl out of your personal realm of shame and misery, know well that you are the sort of person that I shall have very little to do in the near future.
I appreciate criticism Mon Cher, but your words were riddled with spite and jealousy.
The clues being "maya of making it to the popularity list".
You actually think I write to be popular.
Dude, you have issues, sort them out before you lose out on a lot more people in your already dreary life.